Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Hello

Hi there!

I have been meaning to do this for a while - and have finally sat down on Tisha B'Av afternoon to commit some random thoughts into this blog. I don't know how often I will do this, nor do I know who, if anyone, will read this but - hey - lets have a bash and see how it goes.

Firstly - who am I?? Well - I'm not going to tell you too much at this stage apart from a few small details: I am a 30 something male living in Golders Green. I am perceived to be 'frum' by the community that I live in - I have a wife and children who go to local Jewish schools. That's enough for the time being......

What has led me in the past to want to begin a blog is the weekly Jewish print media in London. The ideological and political stances taken by both the Jewish Tribune (JT) and the Jewish Chronicle (JC) appear to me to be biased strongly towards the completely secular in the case of the JC and the completely ultra-orthodox/chasidish in the case of the JT.

Fair enough - that is who they cater for you will say - but I feel that in ignoring or disregarding the wider spectrum of the readership of both papers is not beneficial either to the communities they serve or the circulation of their newspapers.

This blog will, I hope, pass comment on both community-wide issues dealt with in both papers and will also take to task individual correspondents in both papers over issues of interest to me.

Let's see how it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment